Plummer Public Library Hours
Library is open regular hours:
Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.,
Thursdays 2 – 6 p.m. and Saturdays 10:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
Library Events –
SUMMER READING- we have something for everyone for summer reading!
For kids: Our next kid’s program is July 14 at 12:30 pm. We will “Explore New Depths” as we visit and learn from a scuba diver about diving and the amazing mysteries under water. We will simulate a dive and learn scuba hand signals, play games and do a craft. Be sure to bring in your reading log so you can enter for the final drawing and get a weekly prize from the sea chest. Our final Summer Reading picnic and outdoor activities is Thursday, July 30 from 12 pm-2 pm… LOTS of fun things planned!
Summer Reading Teen and Adult Bingo: Pick up your bingo sheet at the library. Complete a vertical, horizontal, or diagonal line and we will enter you into a drawing for a gift card to Zips or Timber Ridge Coffee. Blackout: complete all your squares and be entered into a grand prize gift card to Benewah Market or Gateway Café. Enter as many bingo cards as you like…the more you read the greater your chances of winning! Bingo cards must be returned to the library by August 13.
Meetings and Programming:
- Board of Trustees Special meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, July 5, 2022. Agenda will be posted under “About the Library” page.
- Next Friends of the Library Meeting – Tuesday July 12th, 2022, 1 pm. New members always welcome! 🙂
- Adult Book Club – Thursday, July 14, 6-8 pm. This month’s selection is The Last Flight: Summary: two women. Two flights. One last chance to disappear…. Suspenseful.) We have copies available at the library for checkout. Call Dawn: 208-987-0652 or email [email protected] for more info.
- Adult Craft Night – Thursday, July 21 2022 – 5:00 – 8:00 pm – Come and learn to make personalized hand embroidered cards. Class limit is 15 and there is no charge for this class. Call, drop by, or email to get details and sign up: 208-686-1812–[email protected].
- Photography Club – Thursday July 28, 2022; 6:00 – 8:00 pm. Join us! The group meets monthly, but there is no commitment to coming to each meeting. Bring your family, friends, and neighbor. Your cell phone or point and shoot, or that fancy camera…etc. are all good options. Call Dawn: 208-987-0652 or email [email protected] for info.
Children and Youth
- S.T.E.A.M. and Story hours will resume this fall.
For More Info about any of these events, please contact the library
AVAILABLE AT THE LIBRARY–
Take-Home Art and Junior Gardening Kits (these are yours for the taking!)
These are provided by the U of I Extension office 4H Program for our patrons. They are complete with instructions, supplies and educational material in regard to the projects within. The only request is that parents fill out an evaluation form and return it to the library.
We love volunteers!
We have many opportunities for you to help at the library. Come in and find out about the fun ways you can be a part of the library activity!
COME IN AND CHECK OUT WHAT WE’VE GOT TO OFFER ON OUR LAST-CHANCE VINTAGE BOOK TABLE…you may find a long-forgotten reading treasure!
Yes! We have WiFi. You may access internet from the parking lot. Login info is available from library staff. OR, you may use the library’s public access computers. Time limit applies to library computers. Printer is available. Scanning is not available.