Plummer Public Library Hours
Library is open regular hours:
Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.,
Thursdays 2 – 6 p.m. and Saturdays 10:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
Curbside pickup is available – please call 208-686-1812
Library Events –
Meetings and Programming:
- Board of Trustees Regular meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, May 3rd, 2022. Agenda will be posted under “About the Library” page.
- Next Friends of the Library Meeting – Tuesday May 13th, 2022. This is the annual meeting at which new officers will be installed. Location and time to be announced. New members always welcome! 🙂
- Adult Book Club – Reading enthusiasts are invited to participate in a newly forming book club. You can help to shape the club and meet with others who share your interest in books. If you have suggestions for books that you recommend, please share them with us! The group will meet monthly. Our next meeting is Thursday, May 12, 2022; 6:00 – 8:00 pm. We will be reading The Four Winds by Kristen Hannah. We have copies for you to check out.
- Adult Craft Night – Thursday, May 19, 2022 – 5:00 – 8:00 pm – Come and learn calligraphy! Sign up by calling 208-686-1812
- Photography Club -Love photography? Want to take better pictures? Want to hang out with others who love taking photos? Join us for our first meeting, a meet and greet. The group will meet monthly, but there is no commitment to coming to each meeting. Bring your family, friends, and neighbors…You do not need a fancy camera to enjoy taking photos. Your cell phone or your point-and-shoot, or even your homemade pinhole camera, or that fancy camera (whether you know how to use or not) are good options for photography. If you don’t have a camera but want to find out more about photography, you are also welcome! Our next meeting is Thursday, May 26, 2022; 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Children and Youth
- STEAM – Wednesday, May 4, 2:00 – 3:00 pm. Make your own homemade kazoo!
- Story Hour – Wednesday, May 11 2022; 2:00 – 3:00 pm. It must be spring, because baby animals abound! This time we will be visited by baby bunnies! We will provide an activity corner for little ones who may need to get some wiggles out!
- STEAM – Wednesday, May 18; 2:00 – 3:00 pm.
If you know ahead of time, let us know if you can attend an event. But please, join us even if it’s last minute–you will be most welcome!
For More Info about any of these events, please contact the library
AVAILABLE AT THE LIBRARY–
Take-Home Art and Junior Gardening Kits (these are yours for the taking!)
These are provided by the U of I Extension office 4H Program for our patrons. They are complete with instructions, supplies and educational material in regard to the projects within. The only request is that parents fill out an evaluation form and return it to the library.
Yes! We have WiFi. You may access internet from the parking lot. Login info is available from library staff. OR, you may use the library’s public access computers. Time limit applies to library computers. Printer is available. Scanning is not available.